Carmichael Presbyterian Church began as Carmichael Community Church by a group of mothers who wanted a local Sunday School for their children. The first church in the Carmichael area, it was built by the dedication and efforts of the residents as a community church. It was officially chartered on December 2, 1923. The early church leaders chose affiliation with the Presbyterian Church because they liked the democratic organization of the denomination and its emphasis on education. Throughout the past nine decades Carmichael and CPC have grown and developed together.
CPC has a long legacy in Carmichael and the greater Sacramento area. Our Heritage Committee maintains archives of documents of historical significance and published a book, Heritage of Faith: A 75-Year History of Carmichael Presbyterian Church in 1998. To purchase a copy, contact the church office at (916) 486-9081 or email@example.com.